Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter reflection for me

It's been a long time since the last time I wrote on this blog. I just wanted to share what's on my mind regarding easter 2009.

Easter has always been a time when I reflect on Jesus' suffering. I always feel deeply saddened everytime I watch Jesus' movie, especially the crucifixion. The movie was shown yesterday in my church easter service. I cry everytime I watch the crucifixion, don't know why I get so emotional about it. At that point in time, I feel like Peter that I will do everything for Jesus, for my Lord.

But yesterday while watching the movie at church I was reminded by the Holy Spirit of the sermon that I once heard. The preacher said, "being sorry and sad is one thing, but being Christlike is what matters!!" ...

How true is that for me? Many times I feel sad to see Jesus' death and resurrection, but at the same time I DON't spend time in prayer, not trusting Him fully with my life, not believing in Him, not praying regularly, didn't trust His Word and promises, feeling proud, not loving, and the list goes on. It's like wishy-washy feeling with no action. USELESS!!!!

This easter for me is a reminder to "walk the feeling" ... Feeling bad about our sin is good if it is accompanied by repentance ...

Praise be to God because our Lord Jesus has won over sin and death so everyone who believes in Him can receive God's blessing in this life and eternal life in the life to come!!

No comments: