Monday, September 13, 2010

Help me O Lord

O Lord my God
Help me in my distress.
I call to you my Father
You who has done great things in the past

How long O Lord will you forget
How long O Lord will you look and not do anything
How long do I have to wait
Until You come and do your wondrous saving work

I am weak and anxious
My bone shrinks and my eyes are closed all day long
Nothing has changed, I said
My tears flow in vain

Yet, I will decide to remember
Remember You and all Your ways in the past
Remember Jesus who died and rose again
Remember Your saving work in my life

I remember Jesus on the cross
Jesus who has endured so much
At the cross I found forgiveness and acceptanceLove and peace from the God Most High

I was sinful and underserving
I was filthy full of garbage and tired
Yet You saved me out of my misery
And call me to a life worth living

I will remember and take heart
Be strong o my soul and fear not
Trembling no more and stand firm of my heart
Cause His faithfulness endures from eternity til eternity

O' Lord help me and prolong no longer
Do you miraculous works
Save me from this misery
So I may proclaim Your name to the generations to come.

No comments: